Hardy® HBX Rod
£749.99 - £1,299.99
- Hand built in Alnwick, England
- Fast action blank design
- Sintrix® 440 blank construction
- Fuji® Dark nickel lined stripper guide
- REC® black pearl recoil guides
- Selected hardwood and alloy spacers (dependent on model)
- Hand written serial number
- FLOR grade chive cork handle
- Supplied in cloth bag and outer black aluminium powder coated rod tube, with engraved end caps.
Hardy® HBX Rod
Filter byClear Filters
Hardy® HBX Rod is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nicoss from What a rod! This is a fantastic rod for fishing distances (just casting the leader to about 100') It has what i would describe as a 'progressive action' as well as a medium fast recovery. It's my favourite dry fly rod, and very good when i'm using a pull through casting stroke. In my opinion, the HBX with it's recommended line weight was a tad too much at extreme distances. As soon as i started to carry more line, i could feel the rod starting to become a bit spongy. Especially with the whole head out of my line out. I use a true grain weight long belly WF fly line, for fishing, and for casting. It is bright orange, and has a head length of 85' (however, we won't mention any other companies here!) For instructors and competition casters, i would highly recommend using a #5 long belly line on this rod. This is what i really like, and has the added benefit of speeding up the recovery. This is one of my favourite rods, and is evident by the fact i have two 9' #6! I hope this review helps you. Please go to a local tackle shop and try one for yourself, you really will not be disappointed.
Date published: 2019-10-09